All net proceeds are donated each year to county nonprofit organizations. 2017’s record proceeds of $33,000 is up from $21,000 in 2016 thanks to a 20% increase in participants and a big jump in sponsorships including $10,000 from Prophasys, and $2,500 from Maryland Live.
The following awards were made on November 16, 2017 at the BikeAAA Annual Meeting at Pirate’s Cove Restaurant (a four-year rest stop sponsor) in Galesville:
- Anne Arundel Crisis Response System $11,000
- Recreation Deeds for Special Needs $9,000
- Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails $1,000
- Friends of Kinder Farm Park $1,000
- Rise for Autism iCan! Shine Bike Camp $2,500
- Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County (“BikeAAA”) $8,500