All net proceeds are donated each year to county nonprofit organizations. 2019’s record proceeds of $33,250 includes major sponsors $10,000 from Prophasys and $2,500 from Live! Casino & Hotel, many other sponsors and 820 registrants.
The sponsorship from Prophasys facilitated more outreach to cyclists with special needs including cyclists and supporters from Special Olympics, Rise for Autism, V-LINC and others with adaptive bikes.
Ride Beneficiaries – Local Non-Profit Organizations
The following 2019 Lifeline100 awards were made in November, 2019 at the BikeAAA Annual Meeting:
- Anne Arundel Crisis Response System $11,000
- Recreation Deeds for Special Needs $4,000
- Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails $3,000
- Tom Caraker Memorial Plaza $1000
- Friends of Kinder Farm Park $3,000
- Rise for Autism iCan! Shine Bike Camp $2,500
- Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County (“BikeAAA”) $8,500
See our Charities page for descriptions of each of these organizations.