Thanks to all who participated in the 9th annual Anne Arundel County Lifeline100 Century Ride!
Thanks to your participation and the support of over 100 volunteers and more than 30 sponsors, the 2023 Lifeline 100 was a great success! We don’t have a final accounting yet but our donations to local beneficiaries Anne Arundel Crisis Response System, Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County, Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails, and Friends of Kinder Farm Park will be strong again. This year we also contributed $1,500 to the Anne Arundel County Food Bank based on our September registration drive. Plus we saw many children participate in the Bike Rodeo provided by PedalPowerKids!
Here are some highlights:
- Close to 900 registrants who came from local and afar!
- A team of Anne Arundel County Police Officers rockin’ their custom jerseys and County Executive Steuart Pittman riding the course!
- More food variety at our rest stops including Eggcellence, Market House, Pirates Cove, Gatorade, Mission BBQ, Costco and Naval Bagels!
- Fun rest stops organized by Annapolis Bicycle Club and Arnold Preservation Council at beautiful venues at Anne Arundel County Parks and the Bay Ridge Pool Association.
- Yummy nourishment at the start/finish area including burgers and dogs with grillmeisters from the Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails, Friends of Kinder Farm Park, and the Department of Recreation & Parks.
- Many kids at the Bike Rodeo provided by PedalPower Kids and sponsored by the MacKenzie Rose Foundation, and our first Family Bike Safari sponsored by M&T Bank!
- Safety support from Anne Arundel County and Annapolis Police.
- Wonderful SAG drivers including Velo City Riders helping cyclists and bikes in need of support.
- Great photography along the course by Peter Klosky and Recreation and Parks.
- Printing, posters and signs from Minuteman Press.
- Great bike tech support from Bike Doctor of Arnold, Annapolis, Crofton; Cycle Mill and Parvilla!
- Loads of food and material provided to the Lighthouse Shelter.
- Non-profit partners Scenic Rivers Land Trust with rider teams supporting their cause.
- Generous sponsorship from Maryland Live, M&T Bank, Sheehy Lexus, Allstate, Big Bean, MacKenzie Rose Foundation, Velo Orange, Visit Annapolis, Minuteman Press, Annapolis Market House, Eggcellence, Mission BBQ, Pirates Cove Restaurant, naval Bagel and support from Bay Ridge Pool Association, Annapolis Bicycle Club, Velo City Riders, and Arnold Preservation Council.